On Aug. 10, 2011 the Charity and Security Network held a telebriefing featuring Eric D. Johnson, Associate General Counsel at CARE USA, and Kay Guinane, Director at the Charity and Security Network, discussing the new aid policy in Somalia. Topics covered include the latest on the new policy, Treasury licenses, and Sen. Leahy's calling for reforming the "material support" laws that hinder humanitarian assistance.
- LISTEN: Telebriefing discussing the new aid delivery policy in Somalia (mp3 audio file)
- Powerpoint from the Aug. 10 telebriefing
- READ: Entire transcript from telebriefing (PDF file, includes Q&A)
- Read How to Help Somalia from The Hill by Gabor Rona of Human Rights First and Kay Guinane of The Charity and Security Network
- U.S. Senators Call For Reforming Laws that Impede Humanitarian Assistance in Somalia
- Click here to see the latest on Somalia aid delivery on our Humanitarian Access page