On March 10, 2011, the House Homeland Security Committee held a hearing titled, “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and the Community’s Response.” Below are related news articles, opinion and testimony about and from the hearing.
- Washington Post: Rep. King’s red scare
- CNN: Alejandro J. Beutel, the Muslim Public Affairs Council's Government & Policy Analyst answers questions about the hearing
- The American Conservative: Peter King’s Radical Ignorance
- CNN: Faith leaders condemn hearings
- Testimony from Lee Baca, Sheriff, Los Angeles County, who spoke at the hearing about the ongoing coopration between Muslim Americans and law enforcment
- Huffington Post: Rep. King: Don't Stereotype, It's Un-American