The Charity & Security Network has prepared analysis on a number of topics relevant to our members, including Enabling Environment for Civil Society, Partner Vetting System, Material Support and Humanitarian Aid, as well as discussion of U.S. Departments of Treasury and State policies. Here you will find a list of topics and links.
You can also go directly to our featured analyses.
Enabling Environment for Civil Society
- How the FATF Is Used to Justify Laws That Harm Civil Society, Freedom of Association and Expression
- UN Counterterrorism Framework: Key Programs and Tools
Partner Vetting System (PVS) & Synchronized Pre-Deployment and Operational Tracker (SPOT)
- Vetting in Afghanistan: Issues with the Defense Department, State and USAID
- In a Bad SPOT: Why a Military Database for NGOs Is Impractical
Departments of Treasury & State
- Analysis: US National Terrorist Financing Risk Assessment 2015 Sets Stage for Review of Rules Impacting Nonprofit Organizations
- Review of Legislative History Shows Treasury's Position on Frozen Charitable Funds Without Basis
- A Comparison of Due Process Rights in Terrorist Designation Processes to the Charity and Security Network’s Model
- CSN Comments on Treasury's FAQ for "Protecting Charitable Giving"
- Chart: How Many Children Could be Helped if Frozen Charitable Funds Were Released?
- Selective Enforcement: Charities Targeted for Harsher Sanctions
- Analysis: 2006 Treasury Dept. Voluntary Anti-Terrorist Financing Guidelines
- The Disconnect: U.S. Doesn't Follow the State Department's "Guiding Principles on Non-Governmental Organizations"